Thursday, April 30, 2009

NJ Transit forbids Seat Flipping? Bi-Level Trains? The New York Hair Show, OHHHH PAULO!! Shear Genius!!!

This is picture overload, I will try to keep it simple, but if you were paying attention to my live updates on facebook and tweeter you pretty much have a good idea of what the day was like but I NEEDED to share with my blog friends!!!
So we were doing our own hair til 3am Saturday night, apparently we never follow a schedule because this was not the plan! But I guess plans were meant to be deviated from!!!
So finally we caught a train at noon on Sunday - also not the plan, but you got that point already!
We finally board the train only to find out and get called out by NJ Transit employee that seats cannot be flipped?? Well Addy and I were sitting in a seat where we were riding backwards and the train ticket taker(?) decided to freak a little.."You can't flip the seats, this train is going to be overcrowded and we are not flipping seats today".
well these seats were already flipped who knew you could even flip them, so after she had a hissy fit she made an announcement to the whole train...thanks mean lady! And I have never been on a bilevel train, never even knew it existed!

so anyway after waiting around all morning from 8am til 11 am Yvette and Addy looked pretty happy to finally be on the train!

Steve and John were pretty happy too! Until we realized we weren't on the express. We stopped so slowly as Rangers fans from across NJ hopped on and were ready - Oh yea a freaking game - the dumb ticket lady was right a train full of hair dressers and Rangers fan, who knew....Suddenly all I heard was snoring, looked to my left and caught these two fast asleep...

So we finally arrived, kind of. Whoever thought it was fine idea to let me and Addy take a cab alone while the rest of them hopped in one, wasn't thinking at all.
Our cab passed their cab at the point of go, but apparently we all got dropped off at different corners at the Jacob Javitz Center. So me and Addy stood there waiting for them to arrive. John finally calls me - "did you take the only slow cab in nyc?"
No we are here
So are we
we are by the street vendor
we are too wonder why we don't see you?
WHY??? BECAUSE THERE IS A VENDOR AT EVERY CORNER!!!!!
We figured it all out eventually!!!!

Check this guy out!!!! The Salon bought an Airbrush Tan and i am sure if put paint in it - you could get this look!!!

Ok so this was like the highlight of my freaking day!!!!
Know this guy????

This is Paulo, he was a contestant on Shear Genius! Loved that show and I did hope that Paulo or Nicole would win, neither did, but I was so excited to have spotted him!!! And then he spotted me taking his pic, and he said"give your camera to someone and get over here girl!"
He was so nice, and I was so shocked, his real personality did not come through on the show, and I bet if it had he would have won, he was so freaking nice!!!!

So then we watched Nicholas French, he is a two time NAHA winner, Platform Artist who specializes and was demonstrating "Avante Garde" hairstyles. These were great to watch and I loved his shoes!!!!!





Can you see his shoes?? I am such a shoe person, but I am easily impressed, and I can't help but everytime I take a class these male demonstrators wear the freakiest shoes that are so gross, next time I will take pics, so I just was impressed that his shoes matched him so well, and they were hot at the same time!!!! Good job Nocholas French, way to be a trend setter!!!!


Ok these next two pics, oed this make up!!!! I bout glitter shadow like this so between me and Kymm we have quite a few colors to choose from, I wouldn't do this to you like this, but I do love extreme runway looks!!!!


So finally the first day at the show was ended, maybe because of the economy, so many vendors were not here. This was very sad for me, I look forward to buying my Bed head hairspray and paste at a great price, and they weren't there so I didn't buy much of anything and that was good too, esp. since we are on the money saving budget and trying to live like we are poor, because in reality we are!!!! I spend money like its never ending and I learned alot about myself this past week - Thanks Mom!
Ok I digress but Just had to send a shout thank you to my mom!!!! Who need therapy - mom will help you figure it all out if you let her!!!

So this is us outside waiting for the cab that never comes....so we walked back to Penn Station, my muscles in my legs are still stiff from it but its all good!!!





I do love this damn city!!!! An I would go here every day if I could, I just wish I could plan better!!!!! Maybe next time!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jeff said...

This looks like a good time. Tiring, but fun!

Mama said there'd be days like this... said...

LOVE all the pics. I'm terrified of NYC. And I'm not even super comfortable with Philly but it looked like you had so much fun!