Saturday, February 21, 2009

Dear Bambi,....Love Squat

Dear Bambi, I wish you didn't decide that crossing the Road was a good idea on Friday Night...



I was leaving for the Hamburg Hideaway on Friday night, I pulled off my street, pulled out of my section, crossed through the 5 points intersection, proceeded toward Route 1 on Woodbourne Road, accelerated as I went up the hill, just crested over the hill, started in to the wind of the road and suddenly saw a huge deer in my path...
Slammed on my breaks as hard as I could because I soooooo didn't want to hit this deer.
I pulled my steering wheel toward the shoulder hoping I would somehow swerve around this massive animal, and then BOOOOM..
I hit it...
I was so saddened immediatly as the deer was under my car for a few seconds trying to scramble out, I was screaming...
He finally got out form under my car and scrambled for a minute to his feet, and he ran off...
He ran off leaving Squat busted and broke...
I was so upset, upset that the grill of my car was cracked, and the front end bumper cracked in two places...
I was relieved that Bambi did not die, but I told my dad and husband there were feathers (fur- who knew what dears had on them?) stuck to my car, and it was so sad.
I hope that Bambi is ok, he took off without even a limp, so I do hope his ego was the only thing bruised, but I am sure its more then that, but now my squat (thats what my car's name is)is bruised and broken, and now I have to fix it to make it all ok.
I wish that deer only crossed where deer crossing signs were posted - and I do not believe there are any posted within a 25 mile radius of my house.

3 comments:

Lena's Life said...

im sorry that your bumper got messed up...I would have been screaming too!!!!

HB said...

Poor Dana! I'm glad you are ok!!

Jeff said...

Yeah deer are very tough. They have a ton of muscle and are pretty powerful. I'm guessing he just got up and was ok. He walked it off.